Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Scar concealing help?

Resolved Question

Scar concealing help?

Hi, I had a mole removed and apparently it's going to take months for the 'scar' the procedure left to heal and become completely skin coloured and flat. The doctor said I could use makeup to conceal it but I don't know which to buy.
I'm a guy, and it's a noticeable place on my face, which has facial hair, making it even more difficult to conceal. It is also VERY SLIGHTLY raised... I tried some concealer stick thing but it doesn't really work unless you put a lot on, and then it becomes obvious I have concealer on!

The scar is light brown in colour and about 0.6 / 0.7mm in size. Any ideas?

Also, I was thinking about Dermablend because they have been designed with scars etc in mind... But there are 21 shades to choose from and I don't know what to get. (They are expensive and I don't want to waste money....). I have pretty light skin.

Please be quick with answers... Thanks a lot.
- James

Best Answer - Chosen by Asker

James,

Demablend is a great product. You'll need to go to Macy's or any high end store and they will match the product for you. I'm African-American and had tiny pinhead size moles removed by my medical provider and that was a BIG mistake. I have scarring along my neck and chest whereby nothing but a turtle neck will cover the ugly scarring. Dermablend is expensive and does not smear when wet...now I have to use it the rest of my life. Good luck!

Angelica

There are currently no comments for this question.

Other Answers (4)

  • Go to a mall and ask the cosmetic person which Dermablend cover is best for you. They will try the colors on you there and will give you the right one. If you don't like it you can always return it. If you have a problem going to the cosmetic counter by yourself take your sister, cousin or mother. But it really is no big deal guys buy things there all the time... good luck and make sure you keep a good sunscreen on the scar at all times.
  • hi i dont know about scar concealing make up but have you heard of a product bio oil ? My sis had an operation and was left with a scar from her chest to her bellybutton (she had to get 28 staples) she has been using bio oil for a few months and it has REALLY faded!

    check out their site

    http://www.bio-oil.com/en/uses.

    good luck :D
  • Dermablend is excellent, and if you go that route, ask the store employees if anyone can match you. They will be more than willing to do that for you, as well as teach you how to apply it.
  • Hi James!

    Since your concealing a pretty heavy imperfection, you would want to invest in a good one. If you are willing to go up to a MAC counter at your local shopping center, then ask to be match for what ever skin tone you are and they will provide you with a good concealer, you can even ask for further suggestions.

    Or you can try COVER FX, it is a little pricey but they do specialize in skin conditions. It can be purchased at Sephora. Or make up forever's concealers are also great. This can also be purchased at Sephora. But again, my recommendations are a bit on the high end area, so if you are willing to pay for a good concealer, please take them into consideration.

    And it'd be a lot easier if you have a female friend to personally help you out while you look around for a good concealer.

    Good luck! :)

    Source(s):

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blogroll

Site Info

Text

Makeup Copyright © 2009 WoodMag is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template