Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Help. My face is shiny. Help girlsssss.?

Resolved Question

Help. My face is shiny. Help girlsssss.?

my face is oily and i get spots, blackheads and everything. i went to my doctor and got tablets for them. but they helped a bit but not 100% clear. i cleanse tone and moisturise my skin every morning and night. yet my skin is still really oily and shiny by break time in school. I wear foundation and have to keep reapplying it so i don't look shiny but then i just look orange. Help please. :)

Best Answer - Chosen by Asker

It sounds like you are cleansing well but you don't want to over irritate by cleansing too much. You didn't say which type of toner you use but I believe toner dries out the skin a lot and to use it every day might not be a good idea. I would use a gentle cleanser and very light moisturizer because it sounds like you have enough oil! You don't want to add to it. Do not use any cleanser or lotion with oil in it. Make sure is water based. When you get oily in the day try using an oil mattifier or oil absorbing sheets. Don't apply more makeup unless its just a little powder on your nose. The more makeup the more oil you get. Also see if you can find a makeup made for very oily skin. If you continue to have break outs and you have tried the medication and topical ointment then I would suggest seeing your dermatologist again. I had bad acne for many years and took medication and used all sorts of creams/cleansers but to no avail. I ended up having to go on Acutane which worked wonders for me. Its very harsh and it must be taken carefully and under dermatologist care. Also people mention steaming your face. You could do that by simmering pot of water on the stove and then putting your face over the pot. Of course, be careful so you don't burn your face! There are good clarifying masks you can get from department stores, but keep in mind that using too many products on your face can be a problem.

There are currently no comments for this question.

Other Answers (11)

  • Maybe you are using too heavy of a moisturizer and too often. I would use the thicker one at night and a light lotion in the morning. Your cleaning routine is good, morning and night. Never go to bed with makeup on.Also, I would suggest a powder foundation opposed to liquid. Same coverage but without the oil.Also, watch you hair products,they ca also make you break out.Keep your hair off of your face and cover your face if you use any type of sprays. Watch what you eat,stay away from soda and fried foods including chips.

    Buy make up that is for oily skin or combonation skin
  • Foundation will make it worse so cut down on the foundation trust me x

    Try Natural Collection Pressed Powder, its only like £2 or something and its really good, cuts shinyness down completly.

    What cleanser/Toner/Moistuiser areyou using becuase its probably wrong for your skin: I know clinique is expensive but maybe give that a go becuase it is amazing trust me x My mum got me some and it got rid of all my spots :) x
  • Don't put so much foundation on, that'll make it worse. I find that using talc powder works for me when my face gets shiny, it stays on all day and is cheap and simple :) Just apply some of that every morning. It adapts to your shade so there's no risk of orangeness :)
  • try applying loose translucent face powder available from all good chemists with a make up brush over your foundation, also you could try and steam your skin to clear blocked pores the facial steamer is sold in places such as argos , maybe someone could buy you one for christmas.
  • you should google Dinair Airbrush Makeup...its amazing!!! It covers everything and makes my skin look flawless! Its all water based so its not bad for ur skin...ive been using t for the past 2 years and i LOVE it..they have this stuff u can put under ur makeup that absorbs and gets rid of oil as its produced...anywho, hope i helped..=)
  • Don't moisturise! Moisturisers will make your skin even more oily. I only use moisturiser in the evening so my face isn't so shiny in the morning. Or you can find a non-greasy moisturiser!
  • i think its because you do the cleansing routine twice a day when you should only be doing it once, only do it in the morning and also use clean and clear shine control
  • Try Clean & Clear blotting paper to remove oil, dirt, and apply powder foundation not liquid foundation, use loose powder after that.
  • Many beauty supply stores, such as Sally's, carry little packets of rice paper sheets for this purpose. I have never used them myself, but they are supposed to absorb the oil as you rub them over your face.
  • From most beauty places you can buy little sheet for quite cheap.

    i think they are like rice paper but they really work :)
  • Use a power foundation instead
    x

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blogroll

Site Info

Text

Makeup Copyright © 2009 WoodMag is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template