Tuesday, January 19, 2010

What can i use to prime my eyes b4 i add shadow.?

Resolved Question

What can i use to prime my eyes b4 i add shadow.?

i have vasaline is that ok to use to prime my eyes to make my shadow stay on longer??

Best Answer - Chosen by Asker

Vasaline could work I guess, as long as you don't use too much. The Urban Decay Primer Potion is a good idea but it is veryyy expensive. You can use just foundation and concealer works a treat too, yet again, as long as you don't use too much. Also, if your using a powdered eyeshadow, apply a light or white mouse shadow, it makes the colour brighter and makes it stay on for longer. Hope this was useful :) x

There are currently no comments for this question.

Other Answers (9)

  • If you use vasaline your eyeshadow won't stay on at all, it will just slide off (and apply bady) I use Urban Decay Primer Potion, your eyeshadow will last all night. It's about £11, I use mine about twice a week and have just bought my second one after 12 months so it does last quite a while.

    Benefit FYI is meant to be pretty good but I've never used it. Although I believe it's a good base but without coverage so if you're using a nude eyeshadow the Primer Potion is probably best.

    Source(s):

  • I definitely would not use vaseline to prime your eyes because it tends to get oily and i would think that it would cause creases in your makeup by itself. I use painterley by mac, and I have used it for over a year and i still have at least half. I doesnt dry out and stays really smooth. I know there are others out there that are cheaper, but they dry out faster and there isn't enough product in them to last very long, so you end up spending more money in the long run with a product your probably not fully satisfied with anyway.
  • NO, do not use Vaseline because your eyelids will be extremely greasy and your eyeshadow won`t even go on at all. I recommend using foundation with powder for a base. I do this all the time when I don`t have a primer. However, when you do get money check out Loreal Decrease for eight bucks at Wal-Mart and if you want the best one you gotta get Urban Decay Primer Potion. You can buy that one for eighteen bucks at Sephora and Ulta. Hope I helped!
  • Try Urban Decay's Eyeshadow Primer Potion. I use this stuff & it really works! My eyeshadow lasts all day.
    First I put on my primer potion all over the lid up to the brow bones, put on eyeliner on the lower lashes, eyeshadow, mascara & my eyes look amazing all day!

    Here's the product link: http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jh…
  • Urban decay is very good, but it is really exspensive just for a base. use liquid conceler just a little bit, that works a treat. Or use foundation but not too much
  • no vaseline will make the colour more intense but it will all slip into the crease very quickly. get Urban Decay primer potion-works wonders!
  • People are telling u to use urban decay primer potion, but really use two faced shadow insurance, it's better and the same price
  • You should use urban decay primer it is really good and your eyeshadow lasts a lifetime!
  • the urban decay eyeshadow primer works wondersss(:

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blogroll

Site Info

Text

Makeup Copyright © 2009 WoodMag is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template