Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Makeup majorly changes my confidence.. but tryin to wear less.. pics..?

Resolved Question

Makeup majorly changes my confidence.. but tryin to wear less.. pics..?

when i have makeup on i feel fine about myself, but without it i dont even like looking my boyfriend in the eye. i have this kinda picture of myself in my head thats really bad (even when wearing makeup) but when i look in the mirror i realise its not as bad as i sometimes think.. (although i have really bad days too, where il do my makeup then smear it all and cry becoz i feel i look ridiculous.)

my boyf gets abit annoyed with me saying "why dont u just leave your makeup off for today (lazy days around the house together) i want to see the natural you" and says he loves it but no matter how much he says this i still feel like i look awful like a fat 13 year old lol.

here some pics of me i just wanted to know if people could like *imagine* me without makeup, am i just being silly or would i look as awful as i think

http://photos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-…

http://photos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-…

http://photos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-…

Additional Details

arghhh sorry but theres noway im postin a pic on here of me without makeup, when i cant even look at my own boyfriend without it on lol.

2 days ago

none of the pics are photoshopped.

my friends say it doesnt look like i wear alot of makeup, but i think coz i apply it well it looks that way. i wear ALOT, i have clear skin but for some reason i dont like being able to see my natural skin through my makeup :/

concealer
foundation
more concealer lol
powder
eyeliner
neutral eyeshadow
mascara
blush/bronzer
lip liner
lipgloss or lipstick

2 days ago

Best Answer - Chosen by Asker

honestly, you are beautiful.
your bone structure is impeccable, and your skin looks flawless. your eyes are gorgeous, so let yourself be free from the makeup!
I used to wear a lot of makeup too until I realised that most of it was because of insecurity. you have to embrace who you are and be yourself. Next time you're hanging around with your boyfriend, just put on some mascara and lip balm. maybe even a little blush. The fact that he tells you to go natural for the day shows that he cares about you and sees how beautiful you are!
As far as the 13 year old thing....it's proably not as bad as you think. people used to think I was twice my age when I was 13 and not wearing any makeup!
Just ease yourself into it, and don't make yourself crazy doing it.

There are currently no comments for this question.

Other Answers (16)

  • I think you are absolutely beautiful with great cheekbones. Makeup is not about making you pretty, its about accentuating the beauty you already have. There is nothing wrong with leaving the makeup behind sometimes. Men actually tend to like to see the natural face of a woman sometimes. Sounds to me like you have a self esteem problem.
  • it doesnt even look like you're wearing that much. you have good bone structure so i think you should be fine with out it.

    just take it in small steps, start by leaving off one thing at a time and progressing until you feel comfortable with out make up at all. like, leave off the lip stuff for a week or two, then leave off the lip stuff & eye liner, then all of that and mascara, ect
  • thats so weird, you look like me. and im exactly the same as you and i have the same problem
    just try putting a little on and see if you like yourself like that and if not then just keep adding more until your happy
    but try not to reach back to the normal amount of make up you usually put on.
    for people that are extremly addicted to make up like us cant just let it go straight away
    been there done that didnt work. haha
    hope i helped :)
  • You're insanely pretty.

    And I don't think you're wearing that much makeup...Maybe just lay off the blush and don't use liquid eyeliner, or whatever is on your top lid lulz.
    If I were you I'd just wear a light eyeliner on the inside of the bottom eyelid and false lashes. Not those drag queen ones, though. You know what I mean? :p
  • you are really pretty, and i'm honestly not just saying that!

    you'd still look great without makeup too, you don't even wear that much except the eyeliner above your eyes, that's a bit too much. if you didnt want to take it all off just stop wearing eyeliner.
  • I think you'd look pretty much the same

    and yeah I'm the same way, lol I realize i look pretty much the same without it it as well and sometimes when I wash it off I think I look better but I never go out without at least concealer and mascara
  • you are very pretty with makeup and you'd look just as good without any at all and you're not fat sweetie, you're perfect!
  • You're gorgeous!! Forget makeup :)
  • vanity is never attractive
  • you are very beautiful....now i wouldnt say you wear too much makeup..and no you would not look bad without makeup
  • Your not ugly! Screw make up!
  • why don't you post a pic with no makeup and then I will tell you if you look ok or not
  • your reallyyy prettty you don't need makeupp i am trulyy sayinn that!
  • u know ur not ugly.boost ego elsewhere!!
  • OF COURSE...you're being silly! You're really pretty, but I guess you would be just as pretty without makeup. I'm a makeup addict myself, so I know how you feel. I also used to be a makeup artist. I just recently started to go out of the house without makeup again. I live in Queens, New York and I would never ever ever go anywhere, especially into the city (Manhattan) without makeup. Well the other day I did...I was still getting guys trying to talk to me and calling me sexy and beautiful, now grant it...I thought something must have been wrong with them, but it still made me feel good...lol. Seems like you're always fully made up, so I would suggest at first you try LESS makeup and then take it from there instead of going "cold turkey". A little mascara and lip gloss go a long way.
  • honey, your boyfriend is totally right! i have seen girls millions of times worse off than you!
    i know that a lot of actresses would die for your big eyes, or dark hair & your dark silky hair is lovely.
    its normal to feel self conscious but honestly, you have no reason. & im not just trying to make you feel better, you have lovely skin, beautiful features etc... its natural to want to envy celebs, but you are naturally very sweet looking. i bet there's loads of girls that envy you! if you want to come out of your shell slowly, stick to very natural shades!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blogroll

Site Info

Text

Makeup Copyright © 2009 WoodMag is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template