Thursday, December 31, 2009

Girls, is it wrong to feel reliant on make up for self confidence? :(?

Resolved Question

Girls, is it wrong to feel reliant on make up for self confidence? :(?

Ii'm a 15 year old girl living in England and I used to suffer from severe acne, and I've been left with red marks under my skin, luckily not the 'crater' marks, and I also have a very uneven skin tone. Without make-up, I feel I look awful; really, really bad and I have no self confidence- if I were to go out like that, I would be covering my face and looking down the entire time. With a small dab of concealer or foundation, it makes a huge difference and I feel like a different person. Also, a small flick of mascara and my face is lifted. I feel really stupid having to rely on make up like this. I wouldn't stop wearing it but the change in self confidence is dramatic...
what do you think? :/

Best Answer - Chosen by Asker

If that's how makeup makes you feel and it increases your self-esteem, sista, go for it!! hahah. It's completely normal for girls to rely on makeup to feel pretty. We are all gorgeous without makeup, of course, we have our flaws, but that's nature. All makeup does is contour our characteristics and make us look prettier than what we aree! :]

There are currently no comments for this question.

Other Answers (7)

  • I feel the same and I do not think it's wrong. You just feel insecure without perfect skin (like most people) just like other girls feel insecure with greasy hair and rely on daily shampooing (even though it's bad for the scalp) for their self-confidence.

    If you don't want to rely on foundation and concealer, then try using different creams to fade the red marks.
  • i feel the same with make up but i think if you
    feel more confident then go for it as long as you dont
    go over the top and look worse with make up on #

    do what ever feels best for you dont feel stupid alot of
    girls are the same as you :D

    hope this helped
  • Yea I have acne and blemishes too and I have started wearing foundation a year ago. I feel alot better about myself. I still use acne creams and stuff to try and keep my acne under control but I always wear my foundation. Do what makes you feel good.
  • i know exactly how you feel...i think its better to leave the house with confidence then low self esteem. if makeup gives you a little bit more confidence go for it.
  • I'm 15 and I'm exactly the same.
    And I have a best friend that is beautiful without make up so it completely sucks.
    I'm hoping your question will help me too so thank you lol.
    Lucyxx
  • i dont see anything wrong with that, as long as you are happy with yourself.
  • there's nothing wrong with that (: if it makes u more confident then wear it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blogroll

Site Info

Text

Makeup Copyright © 2009 WoodMag is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template