Wednesday, December 31, 2008

What Is A Good Foundation For Combination Skin?

Resolved Question

What Is A Good Foundation For Combination Skin?

I have combination skin (oily t-zone and dry cheeks) and am thinking about buying Dream Satin Liquid Foundation by Maybelline because it seems to be the best quality one I can buy for that price on eBay!! Lots of people say Benefit and Mac (which I know are fantastic - I've tried them) but truth is I'm a student on a budget!!

Just a note: I prefer oil free ones, because if they are oily within half an hour they begin running down my face. And not one thats too dry either - as I said, I've got Combination Skin.

Basically, I'm looking for a cheap, good quality, non-oily, non-drying, lasting, red cheek covering and not orange foundation. (A bit specific, but hey - a foundation that's close enough!!)

Thanks. xxx

Best Answer - Chosen by Asker

I am a retired makeup artist and i usually opt for the "HIGH END" brands such as mac or bobbi brown but I also use revlon colorstay foundation. It comes in dry skin, oil free or combination so you can choose your skin type. It also stays on throughout the day so no need to reapply or worry about your foundation running off! I primarily use this foundation on wedding days bc nobody wants their makeup to smear on their $1000+ wedding dress =) Hope that helps!!!

There are currently no comments for this question.

Other Answers (2)

  • I have combination skin and dream satin liquid was awful on my skin-really cakey and oily and gave me loads of spots.
    I recommend Boots 17 Skin Perfecting Foundation-Goes on nicely, oil-free, fresh looking and under £5.
  • Hi

    I would avoid buying of ebay if you can - you can't be guaranteed to get the good quality that you would get direct from the manufacturer. I know, it's easier said than done ... And when there's a bargain to be had!

    Rather than going for a liquid version like the Maybelline one - what about a cream to powder foundation? This would probably be more suitable for your skin type and will give you the coverage you're looking for on your t-zone. I work for VIE at home and we sell a product like this called One Step Face Base. I've got very similar skin to you and I use it - it doesn't feel too heavy and it builds up in the areas I need it to whilst not feeling too heavy - it also lasts for ages! (I bought mine a year ago and it's still going strong. http://shop.vieathome.com/product.aspx?p=sale-one-step-face-base&id=25&q=1 It's possible that you may find similar copycat style products to this on the high street if this is a little high for your budget?

    Hope this helps!

    xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blogroll

Site Info

Text

Makeup Copyright © 2009 WoodMag is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template